Connecting you with Fall Creek Public Library news, information, and ideas

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Pete the Cat Party

This was a fun program! We really only did a few activities compared to what I normally offer, but I think everyone had a good time.

First, we read Pete the Cat: Play Ball and Pete the Cat and His 4 Groovy Buttons. Then the kids got to vote which book was their favorite by placing a marker in the correct bucket. At last count, 4 Groovy Buttons is the winner! Next week, I plan to turn this into an interactive display and let patrons vote, as well.








Then we had a Pete the Cat snack - we frosted a graham cracker and added M&M buttons to make it look like Pete's coat. YUM! Big hit!











Before we began!
Then (my favorite and thank you somebody I saw on Pinterest for the idea!!!): we listened the the recorded version of Litwin's Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes as we acted the story out with buckets of "strawberries," "blueberries," "mud," and water (actually water). FUN FUN!

Oh no! Pete stepped in a large pile of strawberries!




A color trail!






























We will be having another Pete the Cat party AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! So much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment