Connecting you with Fall Creek Public Library news, information, and ideas

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Storytime April 17 & April 24

For time's sake, there are no photos of the books today. Sorry :(

April 17: Community Helpers

Hello, How are You? by Dr. Jean

Book: Librarians at Work - This is a long book, so I paraphrased it and ask the children questions about the pictures.

Next we listened to the song 'People in Or Neighborhood' on Kimbo's CD. We borrowed the Community Helpers bin from Amery, which included numerous community helpers puppets.

Book: What Does a Dentist Do? by Heather Miller (Again, did some paraphrasing.)

Song: Dentist (I didn't save the document and threw the printed copy away! oops!)

Book: I Stink! By Kate & Jim McMullan

Book: All Through My Town by Jean Reidy

Action Poem: I'm a Firefighter
I'm a firefighter.
Here's my hose.
I put out fires
As everyone knows.
When I see a fire
I douse it out.
"Thank you! Thank you!"
People shout.

Then we did a guessing game on the feltboard using colored, cutout, and laminated community helper pictures from The Mailbox.

Goodbye Songs.

I left out the community helpers guessing game and the puppets for everyone to play with after storytime.


Pigs!

Song: Hello, How are You?

Book: Pigs on the Farm by Mari C. Schuh

Felt: Dirty Pigs
5 pigs so squeaky clean.
Cleanest pigs you've ever seen,
Wanted to go outside and play IN THE MUD!
1 jumped into the mud,
Landed with a great big THUD.
Now there are 4 pigs squeaky clean.
4...3...2...1...










Book: Are You Ready to Play Outside? by Mo Willems

Song: Four Jolly Pink Pigs on CD Animal Songs by Susie Tallman - we listened to the action words and used shakers.

Book: Boo! by Colin McNaughton We shouted "BOO!" together.

Book: I read part of Mercy Watson: Something Wonky this Way Comes by Kate DiCamillo

Then we watched Robert Munsch's Pigs on Tumblebooks.

We ran out of time for Peaceful Piggy Yoga by Kerry Lee MacLean

Goodbye Songs

Next week: Jump Around! We'll use lots of instruments and play quite a few action games!


No comments:

Post a Comment