Connecting you with Fall Creek Public Library news, information, and ideas

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Dogs Storytime

***Forgive me for there are no pictures today!***

Sign of the day: Dog
Hello Song
Dog Loves Books by Louise Yates
Song: B I N G O w/ felt letters on the feltboard
10 Little Hot Dogs by John Himmelman
Using a die cut machine, I cut out 20 dogs and made them unique. Numbers 1-20 are on the dogs. We practiced counting to 20 with the dogs.
Be Gentle with the Dog, Dear by Matthew J. Black
Using Dog's Colorful Day, by Emma Dodd, i drew up a two sided dog. The children helped tell the story by drawing the different colored spots on Dog as I told the story. After bathtime, I turned Dog over to reveal his clean side.
Then I passed out dog masks for them to take home and decorate. Using the masks, we dance to David's Dancing Dog.
Goodbye Songs: Big Books, Little Books AND The Other Day I Read A Book

Next Week: Alphabet Soup - I have a craft planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment