Connecting you with Fall Creek Public Library news, information, and ideas

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Family Storytime

This post is regarding our February 1st Storytime. Pardons for the delay - between the Silent Auction and being sick for a week, I'm a bit behind on updating the setlists!

Hello Song
Counting Rope
Sign of the day: Family
Whoever They Are by Mem Fox











My Mother is a Baker by Dr. Jean. I used clip art photos to go along with the song. We did it twice so kids could remember the sounds better.









Do Princesses Scrape their Knees? by Carmela LaVigne Coyle











I Love My Family When Song - this we acted out with the puppet
I love my family when they give me a hug, give me a hug, give me a hug. I love my family when they give me a hug. My family makes me happy.
When they tickle my tummy. My family makes me laugh.
When they dry my tears. My family helps me feel better.
When they listen with their ears. My family listens to me.
When they sit next to me. My family loves me.

Then we read two books by Debbie Bailey:
Grandma











Grandpa











A Wish for You by Debbie Novac











Then we danced and played instruments to Mama Hug by Brady Rymer











Sign of the day review
Goodbye Songs

February 8 was supposed to have the theme "Be Nice" however germs were not good to me and we had to cancel storytime. Stories planned were Clifford's Manners by Normal Bridwell, Bad Good Manners Book by Babette Cole, The I Love You Book by Todd Parr, and Good Manners in Public by Katie Marsico.

This week: Be Healthy (how fitting, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment