Connecting you with Fall Creek Public Library news, information, and ideas

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Noisy Stories September 19

We had a rousing morning of songs, stories, and puppets! If we were not awake when we began, we were by the time we were finished!

Hello Song: Hello, How are You? by Dr. Jean

Listen to My Trumpet! by Mo Willems

(Boy, this was hard on my throat! Lots of great sounds!!)









The Dance Along Gong Song by Jim Gill I had a small gong from IFLS that I played with the music. We danced around and shook our limbs.









Muncha, Muncha, Muncha by Candice Fleming - The children helped me tell the story by pretending to chew on carrots each time I read, "muncha munch muncha.: I considered passing out carrots, but we have a number of toddlers.

Old MacDonald Had a Farm - Children picked out a puppet from the puppet tree. We figured out what sound each animal made and then sang the song. Animals and sounds chosen: Baby Bop/ rahr. Moose/bellow. Frog/ribbit. Monkey/ooh ooh ah ah. Turtle/scritch scritch. Shark/ (this one is my favorite!) deh dum deh dum (think: Jaws theme)




Old MacDonald had a Woodshop by Lisa Shulman

Song: John Brown's Pushbike









Polar Bear, Polar Bear What do you Hear? by Bill Martin, Jr. I borrowed the big book and accompanying figures from IFLS. As I came to a new animal, I passed out the figure. We all made the animal sounds. On the final pages when the zookeeper hears the children, instead of reading all that again, the children made the sounds of the animals there held.







Goodbye Songs: It is Time to Say Goodbye by Dr. Jean

Wave goodbye with your foot.
Wave goodbye with your elbow.
Wave goodbye with your shoulder.
Wave goodbye with your ear.
Wave goodbye with your chin.
Wave your hand and say, "Goodbye."

Remember: next week is Pancake Storytime! We will shorten storytime to make time for a snack! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment