Connecting you with Fall Creek Public Library news, information, and ideas

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Insects Storytime - October 2


Last week, we focused our play and reading on insects! One of my favorites!

Good morning song
Book: Can You Make a Scary Face? by Jan Thomas
Song: We used pom pom balls to sing A Fly is on My Toe
A fly is on my toe, on my toe.
A fly is on my toe, on my toe.
A fly is on my toe.
-Nose
-Leg
-Knee
-Arm
-Elbow
-Neck
-Face
-Head
-Then I did random body places, including armpit, kneepit, ankle, bellybutton.

Book: Aaaaargh! Spider! by Lydia Monks - Whenever I said, "Aaaargh! Spider!" the kids would follow with "Out You Go!"

Book: Mr. Mosquito Put on His Tuxedo by Barbara Olenyik Morrow

Felt: Bug in the Rug
Song: Ants to softly round and Round - We walked in a circle, then crawled. They enjoyed it so much we did it three or so times.
Ants go softly round and round
Shhh! Shhh!
Ants go softly round and round
Shhh! Shhhh!
Ants to softly round and round
Crawling all across the ground
getting closer to the picnic feast.

Goodbye Songs & Bubbles

Playgroup activity: Worm in the Mud painting








No comments:

Post a Comment