Connecting you with Fall Creek Public Library news, information, and ideas

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Mother Goose Storytime

Everything Mother Goose and rhyming today!

Welcome song

Book: A Farmyard Song
by Christopher Manson








Felt: Hey Diddle Diddle (borrowed the awesome kit from IFLS!)


Song: 2 Little Dicky Birds - first we used my fancy schmancy Dicky Bird thing (which I copied out of something and colored so long ago that I don't remember where it came from) and then we used our fingers and said the rhyme together a few times, each time faster than the previous. They always love this :)














Book: The Itsy Bitsy Spider by Iza Trapani

Movement Activity: Toe Leg Knee by Jim Gill

Interactive Story: Paper Plate Itsy Bitsy Spider -
after storytime, I gave each child a coloring page and 4 paper plates to make their own sequencing story version at home. I planned so I have enough for other patrons on our Take & Make Table.















File Folder Game: Baa Baa ______ Sheep

















Goodbye Songs & Bubbles

Activity: Put Humpty Dumpty back together - GOOGLE EYES! I got this idea from a Preschool Mailbox magazine. I pre-cut egg shapes and tore up little pieces of paper (I would usually have them do this but some of my families can't stay very long after storytime and I don't want those kids to feel left out). Glue pieces of paper onto the egg shape. Glue on google eyes. Now you have Humpty!



Next Week:
Tiny Tots Storytime - In the Mountains on October 14 at 10:30am
Library Storytime - Food Groups on October 15 at 9:30am

No comments:

Post a Comment