Connecting you with Fall Creek Public Library news, information, and ideas

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Storytime February 11 - Caldecott Winners & Honors ONLY!


Today we focused solely on children's book that have received a Caldecott award or honorable mention. It was fun thinking up different activities to go along with the books, too! Again, I had the "how many people are there?" white board.






Welcome Song:  Moving Hands from Very Ready Reading Program

Book: First the Egg by Laura Vaccaro Seeger

 Song: I got out the fishsticks... I mean fish on sticks... And we danced to part of Fish in the Sea by Dana McCarthy. We listened to the same part a few different times, making the fish do different fishy sounds and movements.

Book: Sylvester and the Magic Pebble by William Steig

Then we acted out Stone Soup. Each kid was given two different items for the pot. I ripped up paper for water and milk.

Book: Interrupting Chicken by David Ezra Stein

I ran out of time for a Song of the Boatman poem, which I thought might happen so that's okay.

Then we did our goodbye songs and bubbles.

For playgroup, I had the voting board, draw/tell yourself in a story (like in Interrupting Chicken), and the number pebbles.


 Next Week: Zoo Animals!


Congrats to this year's Caldecott Winner!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment