Connecting you with Fall Creek Public Library news, information, and ideas

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Dogs Storytime

Due to time constraints, no photos today. My apologies.

I again borrowed a kit from IFLS. The BINGO mitt and dogs puppets are in it, along with many other items we did not have time to use.

Welcome Song (YAY! We were able to hear and sing along with my computer. Thank you, again, families for your patience as I searched for my extension cord.)

Book: Time for Bed, Fred by Yasmeen Ismail

Fingerplay: BINGO on hand mitt, which was available for kids to play with during Playgroup

Book: Harry the Dirty Dog by Gene Zion

Movement Activity: Let's learn dog tricks! I used the die cut machine at LE Phillips Library to cut out dog shapes. On each dog, I wrote a different dog trick. The kids took turns drawing a dog from the bucket and we all practiced that trick. Examples: lay down, play dead, sit, shake, beg, bark, howl, roll over....

Book: Oh My Gosh, Mrs. McNosh

Goodbye songs and Bubbles

During playgroup, the mitt and dog puppets were available. The Pizza Parlor, Jack & the Beanstalk activity, and dollhouse have been incredibly popular so I did not get any other new activities out for today.

Next time: Black & White Storytime! Come play shadow puppets during Playgroup!

No comments:

Post a Comment