Connecting you with Fall Creek Public Library news, information, and ideas

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Colors Storytime April 30

We started with our welcome songs, I showed off my colorful socks, and then we ...

read "Where is the Green Sheep?" by Mem Fox.

Next, I passed out beanbags (borrowed from IFLS) and we danced around to Greg and Steve's Beanie Bag Dance. This song is always a hit!

Then we read "Blue Chicken" by Deborah Freedman and "Tap the Magic Tree" by Christie Mathison. I did the first few actions of "Magic Tree" than walked around and let the children take turns with the other actions. Some, like blow a kiss to the tree, I had everyone do. Good fun!

Then, I added a few words to Jim Gill's Sneezing Song:

Please don't feed me black-eyed peas
You know what they will do
For if you feed me black-eyed peas
I'll have to sneeze.
Ahh...ah.....ahhh... CHOO!!!

Then: orange macaroni and cheese.
Then: brown chocolate chip cookies.

Then i got out Patrick George's book, "Magic Colors."

After goodbye songs and bubbles, the kids enjoyed play-doh.

Next week: CATS! May 17 is our final spring storytime. If it is nice out, plan to meet at Keller Park.

Storytime will resume at 9:30am on June 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment