Connecting you with Fall Creek Public Library news, information, and ideas

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Water Storytime April 23

Today, we focused on water as the theme of storytime. After our good morning songs, I asked them about animals who live in water - jellyfish, fish, hippos, crocodiles, sharks, whales.... Lots of good suggestions! Then I asked them how water comes down from the sky - clouds, rain, snow. 

Song: 1 little 2 little 3 little raindrops. 4 little 5 little 6 little raindrops. 7 little 8 little 9 little raindrops. 10 raindrops in the sky.



Book: A Cool Drink of Water

Song: I passed out these cute little fish puppets for the kids to dance with during the song. I demonstrated a few different movements they could do and then we listened and danced to 5 Fish Swimming in the Sea by Dr. Jean.














Book: Watch Over Our Water by Lisa Bullard

Song: 5 Little Monkeys and the Alligator

Book: How to Wash a Wooly Mammoth by Michelle Robinson, which generated quite a bit of laughter.

I wasn't sure if we would have time or not - we didn't - for Graeme Base's The Water Hole

After our goodbye songs, I had wet and dry spongeblocks available to play with. What a hit (as I expected they would be) and after they are all dry, I will be adding them to our shelf of toys and puzzles to play with.







No comments:

Post a Comment