Connecting you with Fall Creek Public Library news, information, and ideas

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Robot Storytime April 9

We had 13 kiddos at storytime last Wednesday. Here is what we did:

Welcome songs

Fingerplay: 1 little 2 little 3 little robots 4 little 5 little 6 little robots 7 little 8 little 9 little robots 10 robots going up the stairs (move like a robot going up stairs). 10 little 9 little 8 little robots 7 little 6 little 5 little robots 4 little 3 little 2 little robots 1 robot going down the stairs (move like a robot going down stairs then sit down).

Short book: Bad Birthday Idea by Madeline Valentine

Be Kind to Your Robot Friends song - Words can be found here on Rob Reid's Heart of a Child blog.

Baby Brains and Robomom by Simon James

Movement circles - I made a few more than can be found on the website. They were cut out and then the kids took turn drawing one circle. Everyone did the movement. Other ones i added include dance like a robot, jump like a robot, make robot sounds... It was fun!

Then I passed out robot printable masks. We did a poem I made up and each time I said "robot," they held up their robots and wiggled and jiggled them.

My robot likes to wiggle.
My robot likes to jiggle.
Boy it makes me giggle
When that robot starts to wiggle and jiggle!

Next, I got out our tape, popsicle sticks, scissors, markers, and crayons and they could cut out and decorate their masks to take home.

No comments:

Post a Comment