Connecting you with Fall Creek Public Library news, information, and ideas

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Fruit Storytime

We had 14 kiddos today! What fun! Today we focused on fruit.

Welcome Songs














The Watermelon Seed by Greg Pizzoli











Music Activity: I changed up "Apples and Bananas." Instead of changing vowel sounds, we did actions with scarves. We pretended the scarves were different kinds of fruit "mine is a blueberry! mine's kiwi!" and sang the song. The actions were:

I like to eat eat eat apples and bananas....
I like to shake shake shake apples and bananas....
I like to twist twist twist apples and bananas...
I like to wave wave wave apples and bananas...
I like to throw throw throw apples and bananas... (doesn't that just sound hilarious!!)
I like to sit with apples and bananas.

Handa's Surprise by Eileen Browne

Hungry Little Monkey by Andy Blackford

Using a cut up pool noodle, we told the story Ten Apples Up on Top together. I had two stacks of "apples" going at the same time. Each kid had an "apple" and when it was their turn, they came up and added their apple to the stack. One stack kept falling down after about 7 apples, which caused a RIOT of laughter :) We kept the other stack going (I had a bin of apples next to me so I could finish the story) and ALMOST made it to the end of the book. The apples and book are now available on our playtable for families to play with.
We ran out of time for Go Go Grapes! by April Pulley Sayre but many kids chose to look at it after storytime.

Goodbye Songs and Bubbles

Next week we will do water books and a water activity!



No comments:

Post a Comment